Why should I choose Tiles as a choice of flooring?
Tiles are a great choice of flooring because of it's durability and wide range of designs. Here's a few of the reasons why you should choose Tiles.
- At DC Ceramics, we have a great range of Tile sizes, colours, shades and patterns to choose from to suit a wide range of themes which is a great feature of Tiles.
- Tiles have a low water absorbency and are very easy to maintain.
- Tiles do not stain.
Are Porcelain or Ceramic Tiles better?
Porcelain Tiles are suitable for both indoor, outdoor application and floor or wall applications. Porcelain Tiles are very durable, and are even suitable for high foot traffic areas with little wear overtime.
Ceramic Tiles are also very tough however not as dense as Porcelain Tiles. This also why Ceramic Tiles generally cost less than most Porcelain Tiles. We recommend Ceramic Tiles for wall application only. It's a stylish, low maintenance way to avoid the hassle of re-painting your walls and protect against mould from moisture.
Both porcelain and ceramic tiles come in many different finishes, colours, and sizes.
Ultimately, it comes down to the styles, budget and use of the room you're tiling.
How do I measure how many squares meters is required to tile my area?
For Floor tiling: Measure the length of one side of the room and then the width of the room.
For Wall tiling: Measure the length of the wall running up and down, then the wall left to right.
Multiply the two measurements.
Eg. Length multiplied by Width.
Multiplying the length by the width of the project area will give you the total square meterage. For example, if your room measures 5 meters long and 2 meters wide you will multiple the measurements to give you a total of 10 meters squared. Repeat step 1 & 2 for each floor or wall area you wish to be tiled, and then add the totals together.
You should not buy the exact amount of tiles as measured up in Step 2 as you will need to have extra for waste, breaks, mistakes and cuts. To calculate the amount needed, multiply the total square meterage of the room by 1.1 to give you your required amount including the extra 10%
Eg. We had the total of Length 5 meters x Width 2 meters = 10 meters squared.
Multiply 10 by 1.1 = 11 meters squared. This is your total.
Having extra tiles is recommended in case the style or colour is no longer being sold and you need to replace any broken tiles in the future.
***For tiles laid in a diagonal pattern (45 degree angle), the total waste factor will be greater, so multiply by 1.15 to give you an extra 15% for cuts etc.**
Does DC Ceramics have tiling or laminate installation services?
We do not install any tiles or laminate flooring however we have a list of tradesmen who we work with regularly. We can recommend these tradesmen to you.
Are gloss finished tiles too slippery for the bathroom?
Most surfaces will be slippery if there is an unusual amount of liquid on the floor. Gloss tiles are recommended for almost any space in a house such as a laundry, bathroom and kitchen. However, we tend to recommend having a shower base installed on top of the gloss tiles in a bathroom or using matt finish tiles for any showered tile bases.
What's a full body tile?
These tiles are blended, pressed and fired to get a full body porcelain tile.
This means the tile is not glazed and have the same pattern or design all the way through.
Advantages – Good technical performance makes the product suitable for heavy commercial use.
What is best for cleaning mirrors?
For best results clean mirrors with methylated spirits and water at a rate of 30% methylated spirits and 70% water. Do not use Windex or similar chemical cleaning products. Avoid getting water on the sides or back of the mirror as damage to silver backing can occur. In coastal areas it is recommended to wipe around the edge of the mirror once a month to avoid salt build up that can cause silver creep.
Do you offer delivery or pick up only?
We offer delivery at competitive rates which vary depending on the quantity and distance from our warehouse.
Our warehouse pick up is located with our showroom at 65 Osborne Ave, Springvale VIC 3171.
I can't make your standard trading hours, how do I make an appointment?
We understand that busy schedules can make it hard to visit our showroom during our trading hours, so just reach out via email, phone or any of our socials to arrange a time suitable for you.
Click on the "Contact Us" tab above for more details.
Can I return or exchange my order?
Terms and Conditions of Sale:
1. Please choose carefully as we do not offer refunds on change of mind purchases and clearance goods.
2. The purchase and suitability of goods are subject to the responsibility of the buyer.
3. 20% surcharge will apply on all goods returned or on cancellation of ordered goods
4. Strictly no cancellations on orders which are special order items or custom made items.
5. Exchange period is 7 days from the initial purchase date for a credit note and/or other
product(s) only. Returns will only be accepted for goods in original packaging.
6. All goods are to be checked and counted against the invoice as a final inspection. We do not accept claims on lost, missing or additional goods after this final inspection.
7. Invoices are to be paid in full, on or before delivery and before goods leave the delivery vehicle or our warehouse for direct pickups
8. Delivery will be STRICTLY drop off only and no hand unloading into the house.
9. All goods are deemed the property of DC Ceramics until payment is made in full
10. All goods are limited to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer's warranty
11. Certified plumbers must be used for the installation of bath ware in order for the original warranty to apply.
12. Job certification must be presented for all claims.